For The Filling
- 1/2 cup/55g raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup/70g blanched slivered raw almonds
- 1/2 cup/45g soaked, drained, and roughly chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Bragg liquid amino's, wheat-free tamari, or soy sauce, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon natural
salt,plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- To make the filling put the walnuts and almond into your high-speed blender or food processor and pulse until broken up.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, spices, liquid amino's, salt and parsley and pulse until the tomatoes are well incorporated and the mixture is “red and meaty” looking.
- Tweak flavours to taste (you may want more liquid amino's and salt) and set aside.
Pico De Gallo
- 1 Cup/150g diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon minced Serrano chile, plus more to taste (optional)
- Natural salt
- Pinch of freshly grounded black pepper
- 20 medium and large romaine leaves, or other foldable, not too soft lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 or 2 avocados, pitted, peeled and sliced, to garnish
- To make the pico de gallo, combine the tomatoes, cilantro, onion, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chile, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Tweak flavours to taste (you may like more cilantro, garlic, chile, lime juice, onion or salt)
To Assemble The Tacos
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon (depending on the size of the lettuce leaf) of the taco filling into the groove of the leaf.
- Add a spoonful of pico de gallo, a couple of avocado slices and a drizzle of sour cream.
- Repeat with the remaining leaves.