My recipe is super healthy, full of antioxidants, fiber, and vitamins. This meal is also gluten-free and vegan!
The banana makes the smoothie creamier and berries are a great source of antioxidants and vitamin C. Chia seeds are a superfood, full of omega-3s, fiber, and protein. Chia seeds are
Raw honey adds the perfect amount of sweetener since the fruit is already naturally sweet. Raw honey also has great health benefits. Bananas are a great breakfast food because they are great for digestion, have high potassium levels, and keep you full.
BERRY DELICIOUS SMOOTHIE BOWL
- Handful of frozen strawberries
- Handful of frozen blueberries
- A few frozen peach slices
- A few pieces of frozen mango
- Half of a fresh banana
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
WHAT TO DO
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. I start off with adding a little almond milk, and then I add more as needed. Less liquid equals a thicker smoothie which is ideal for a smoothie bowl.You can add different amounts of fruit you desire if you prefer one fruit over another!
- To top your smoothie bowl, you can add whatever desired fruits or toppings you like! I added banana, kiwi, raw almonds, and raspberries. The bowl also tastes great topped with KIND granola, coconut flakes, other fruits, and pumpkin seeds.
- A modification to add more protein and make a creamier smoothie is to add a scoop of organic vanilla whey protein or a vanilla plant based protein!