Crunchy and spicy is a combination that we love in our food! Bake your own crispy chickpeas for a tasty and healthy snack.
- 2 15-oz cans chickpeas
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 to 4 tsp spices such as chili powder, curry powder, garam masala, cumin, smoked paprika, rosemary, thyme, or any of your favorite herbs or spices
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas by pouring chickpeas into a strainer and rinsing with running water.
- Pat the chickpeas very dry with a clean dishtowel or paper towels. They should feel dry to the touch.
- Toss the chickpeas with olive oil and salt, and spread the chickpeas out in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast the chickpeas in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes until golden and crisp, checking every 10 minutes and giving the pan a shake.
- Toss the chickpeas with the spices.
Besides eating these chickpeas as a snack, you can toss them in salads or sprinkle over soup in place of croutons.