- 1 cup of almonds
- 1 cup of dates
- 1 cups of raisins
- Add the 3 ingredients to a food processor or blender.
- Pulse until combined. Do not over process the mixture or you will get a paste.
- Line a 4×4 Pyrex container with plastic wrap.
- With a spatula, spread out the mixture, covering the entire pan.
- Pull the plastic wrap out of the container. Cut into squares. Use wax paper to separate squares so that they do not stick together.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week. (They never last more than a day at our house).
Eating almonds is an easy way get vitamin E, calcium, magnesium and potassium in your diet. This snack is a heart healthy choice and aids in weight management. Additionally, almonds are a significant source of protein, fiber and healthy unsaturated fats.
Dates are a great source of fiber, potassium, copper, manganese, magnesium and vitamin B6. This sweet fruit promotes digestive health, boosts brain and heart health and are anti-inflammatory.
Raisins aid in bone formation, protect your eyes and teeth, modulate sugar absorption, reduce blood pressure, promote cardiac health and are being studied for their ability to prevent cancer.