- 4 bell peppers, seeds and stems removed, sliced into strips
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced into strips
- 2 large garlic cloves,
peepedand minced juicefrom 2 oranges juicefrom 1 large grapefruit zestand juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- â cup olive oil
- Mexican Quinoa (see recipe below)
- 5 Minute Guacamole (see recipe below)
- 5 Minute Pico de gallo (see recipe below)
- Add the peppers and onions to a large bowl.
- Add the marinade ingredients to the bowl and toss well to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat add the vegetables and ¼ cup of the marinade.
- Cook until the vegetables are softened about 8-12 minutes.
- Serve with Mexican quinoa, guacamole, and pico de gallo.
- Squeeze with lime as desired.
- 1 cup soaked quinoa (soak overnight in water, drain and rinse)
- 8 ounces vegetable broth or water
- Homemade taco seasoning mix (2 teaspoons chili powder, 1½ teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon paprika, ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ½ teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Cook the quinoa in the broth or water over medium heat.
- Once the liquid is boiling, reduce heat, and cover.
- Cook until all the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is soft, about 12-15 minutes.
- Add the beans and seasoning mix and stir until combined.
- Warm the beans through for about another 5 minutes.
5 MINUTE GUACAMOLE
- 2 avocados, halved and pit removed
- ½ cup diced tomato
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves,
diced juice1 lime
- Add the avocado flesh to a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mash together with a fork or spoon.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for 3 days.
5 MINUTE PICO DE GALLO
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
½red onion, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, diced
- ¼ teaspoon
salt juiceof 1 lime
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.