30 minutes, plus
4 days fermenting
up to 6 months
about 2 x 500 ml
- 2 kg (4 lb 8 oz) pineapple – about 2 medium-sized
pineapples largehandful (1 cup, firmly packed) coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons chilli flakes or sliced fresh chilli
- 2 tablespoons salt
WHAT TO DO
- Sterilise your jars (see page 250) and leave them to cool completely.
- Peel the pineapples, then cut into 2 cm (3⁄4 in) cubes, discarding the tough core. Place the pineapple in a non-reactive bowl, then add all the other ingredients. Using your hands, squish everything together and mix thoroughly.
- Pack the pineapple
Recipes and images from Cornersmith: Recipes from the Café and