There are so many versions of stuffing recipes & often they become an epic side dish on their own, so why not make it an amazing tasting one that you know everyone will enjoy! We've used our Food Matters Breakfast Bread recipe for this version.
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, peeled and diced
- A few sprigs of fresh sage
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 parsnips
- 2 red apples
- ½ of Food Matters Gluten-Free Breakfast Bread or a good-quality Gluten-Free Bread
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC) and oil a 20 cm baking dish.
- Peel and finely chop the onions, pick the sage leaves, then peel and chop the parsnips & apples into 1 cm chunks.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add a little oil and sauté the onion for 5 to 10 minutes, or until softened.
- Shred the sage and add to the pan along with the parsnips, apple cider vinegar and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Lower heat and leave to cook and soften for 10 minutes.
- Add the apple and cook for another couple of minutes, then spoon the mixture into a bowl and allow to cool.
- Tear the bread into a food processor, add the walnuts and blitz to crumbs, then tip into the bowl with the parsnip and apple mixture.
- Crack in the egg and grate in the lemon zest.
- Using your hands, scrunch it all together until well combined then press into the prepared baking dish, cover with tin foil and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove the foil, cook for a further 10 minutes to brown, then serve.