This wonderful tasting Superfood Smoothie is sure to transform your morning, it's a favorite of the team members at Food Matters! Take it first thing after drinking plenty of water and before any solids. Try this for a week and see your life explode with energy!
This recipe makes 2-3 glasses.
Step 1: The Milk
- Soak a small handful of raw organic almonds overnight and in the morning throw them into the blender with 2 cups of water
- Blend on high speed until the almonds have been completely broken up and the water will turn into white frothy milk (yum)
- For a smoother consistency you can strain the almond milk and discard the pulp.
Step 2: The SmoothieAdd in the following ingredients to the Almond Milk:
1 small avocado or 1 banana or half of each
1 heaping tablespoon of Superfood Greens Powder
(You could also try Barley Grass or Wheat Grass Powder)
- 1 tablespoon of Raw Honey or Agave Nectar
1 tablespoon of Bee Pollen
- 1 tablespoon of Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tablespoon of Maca Powder
- 1 tablespoon of Chia Seeds or Hemp Seed Protein Powder
- 1 cup of ice