The cult fave, Hawaiian Poke Bowl, has made a big splash in the foodie space! Here's what you need to make your own at home!
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, plus extra for garnish
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- 150 g wild-caught salmon or tuna, cubed into bite-sized pieces
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tbsp rice-wine vinegar
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
EXTRAS FOR SERVING
- Red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, julienned or thinly sliced
- ¼-½ cup cooked brown rice
- ½ avocado, diced or sliced
- In a small bowl, add sliced cucumber pieces, mustard seeds and rice-wine vinegar. Allow to soak while you prepare the rest of your bowl.
- In another small bowl, mix together tamari, honey, ginger, rice-wine vinegar and sesame oil.
- Cube the salmon or tuna into even cubes, approximately 1cm x 1cm. Add cubed salmon to the tamari and honey dressing and allow to marinade for 8-10 minutes.
- While the salmon or tuna marinades, prep the rest of your bowl ingredients and assemble.
- Top with poke salmon and avocado.