A glorious dessert for your Christmas celebration - or any time of the year.
Total time: 3 hours to soak nuts, 25 minutes preparation, 2 hours freezing
For the Base
- 4 cups almond meal
- 5 tbsp maple syrup (or raw honey)
For the Cheesecake Filling
- ¼ cup lemon juice (approximately 1 large lemon)
- 1½ cups cashew nuts, soaked in water for 3 hours to soften
- 6 tbsp maple syrup (or raw honey)
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Make the base. In a bowl, combine the almond meal and maple syrup (or honey). The mixture should be dry, but moist enough to hold together.
- Turn the base mixture into a deep pie dish (large enough to hold 2½ quarts) and press it evenly to cover the bottom and sides of dish. Set aside.
- Make the cheesecake filling. Put all the ingredients in a powerful blender and blend until filling is very smooth and light. Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Freeze for 2 hours. Once set, cut into slices and serve.
- To make a smaller cheesecake, halve the recipe.
- Make Mini Cashew Cheesecakes by pressing down a little crust into each cup cake liner, and then pour in the batter.