1 hour 10 minutes
INGREDIENTSFor the crust
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbs macadamia or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 260g swiss brown mushrooms
- 3 cups cubed pumpkin
- 1 handful fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbs feta or cashew cheese
- 3 medium sized
eshallots sea salt black pepper macadamiaor coconut oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 390 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the pumpkin in a baking tray and drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and cook for 30 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, begin on the crust. Mix all the crust ingredients together in a bowl. Kneed the dough then transfer it to a well greased
8 inchloose bottomed tart case. Place it in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Start on the filling by cutting the mushrooms into thick slices and peeling then cutting any
eshallotsbulbs that are on the big side into bite sized pieces. Heat a good swig of oil in a frying pan, crush in the garlic and add the eshallots, sage leaves, mushrooms and a good pinch each of both salt and pepper. Cook on a medium to high heat for 6-7 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Take the tart case and the pumpkin out of the oven, transfer the pumpkin to the pan with the mushrooms.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper, then add half the pumpkin/mushroom mixture. Pour it into the tart then top with leftover mix and the cheese. Turn the oven down to 180C and cook in the oven for 40-45 minutes until the egg is set.