- 1 cup rolled oats (not the
quick cookkind), or quinoa flakes for gluten-free option
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup sultanas
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup cacao nibs (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup, raw honey or maple syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 180°c. Line and baking pan with baking paper or grease with coconut oil.
- Combine dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt coconut oil, vanilla and rice malt syrup/raw honey/maple syrup until well combined. Add to dry ingredients and combine well.
- Transfer to lined or greased baking pan and press down firmly. N.B. if you want a crispy bar spread mixture thinly, if chewy is what you’re after use a smaller pan so the mixture is thick.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to cooling rack to cool.
- Once completely cooled, transfer to
choppingboard and cut into squares or rectangles. Can be stored in an air-tight container for up to one week.