- 1 tablespoon ghee, melted, for greasing
- 80 g (2¾ oz/¾ cup) almond meal
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup, plus extra to serve
- ½ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 125 ml (4 fl oz/½ cup) almond or rice milk
- 1 large peach, sliced
- 125 g (4½ oz/1 cup) mixed berries, plus extra to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) and grease a 25 cm (10 inch) ovenproof frying pan or baking dish with the ghee.
- Put the almond meal, rice malt syrup, salt, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Gradually pour in the milk, whisking until smooth. Place the peach and berries in the prepared pan and pour the batter over the top.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until puffed and golden. To serve, slice into wedges and top with extra rice malt syrup and berries.
NOTE: To balance kapha, replace the berries with chopped apple and the almond meal with buckwheat or brown rice flour