The creamy centre is flavored with peppermint oil which makes for the perfect after dinner snack as it aids and soothes digestion.
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked for 4 hours, drained and rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2-3 drops peppermint oil
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- dark chocolate, melted bain-marie style
- In a high-speed food process combine all ingredients except the coconut butter & melted chocolate. Blend until smooth. Add the melted coconut butter, blending on high for a further 1 minute. Set in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove form the freezer, roll between two pieces of parchment paper until a thickness of 1 cm.
- We used a cookie cutter to het the desired shape but if this is not available to you, you can just roll them into a ball.
- Dip in melted dark chocolate. Store in the freezer. Allow 10 minutes to defrost and enjoy.