There are many ways to enjoy the health benefits of pineapples, including savory ways! Have dinner on the table in no time with this delicious, fragrant pineapple curry!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1 bell pepper diced (capsicum)
- 1/2 an onion diced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp organic red curry paste
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup water or vegetable stock
- 1/2 pineapple diced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
WHAT TO DO
- Heat coconut oil in a wok or pan. On medium-high heat, fry the onion for 5 mins until softened. Stir in the red curry paste, frying off until just fragrant.
- Add the celery, carrot, capsicum, coconut milk and stock. Simmer for 10-15 mins. Remove from heat and place curry mixture into a large bowl.
- Over medium heat, lightly pan-fry cashews then stir in the pineapple. Remove from heat and add to the curry mixture.
- Stir cooked quinoa through the curry mixture and toss through spinach.
- Serve & enjoy!