- 1 sugar pumpkin – hollowed out & seeded (Keep the seeds and the lid) 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 can chickpeas & kidney beans
- 1 can
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced or diced
- 1 bell pepper, any color you like!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp ground chili
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cilantro or parsley roughly chopped for garnish
- Avocado, diced for garnish
- Olive oil for light frying
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°)
- Cook quinoa as per packet instructions
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, celery and mushrooms. Once coated in the olive oil, add the spices and stir. Cook through until onions are translucent and carrots and celery are nearly cooked through. All the residual moisture from the mushrooms should be cooked out by this point.
- Add the minced garlic and chopped bell pepper. Cook for 3-5 min
- Add the canned beans and tomatoes and give a good stir. If too thick, fill up half the can of tomatoes with water and add into thin out.
- Let simmer on low for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add in cooked quinoa and stir to combine. Pour your chili mixture into the hollowed out pumpkin and place on a baking tray and transfer to your oven.
- Bake for 45 min- 1 hr. Once the pumpkin is a dark orange and you can pierce the inside and have no resistance from the knife when put through the flesh, she’s ready to come out!
- Serve with the lid off to the side and a fresh sprinkle of cilantro or parsley and have diced avocado on the side as an optional topping.