Tapioca flour is derived from the cassava plant, which is a sticky root vegetable, making it hold some great binding properties. Baking with Tapioca is becoming more common with the Paleo movement as it helps give baked goods a better texture. In this recipe we have combined with flaxseed meal and coconut flour to create a paleo friendly combination, and a great nut-free version of savory muffins.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Coconut oil for greasing
- 1 ½ cup grated zucchini (about 2 small zucchini's)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsps flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- Small handful of chopped herbs or 1-2 tsps dried herbs (pick your fav)
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- ¼ tsp baking powder
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C)
- Grease a medium muffin tray (6) with coconut oil.
- Grate zucchini's, using your hand squeeze out any excess liquid and add to a mixing bowl.
- Place sun-dried tomatoes, pepitas and garlic in a blender and blend until well combined. Transfer to mixing bowl with grated zucchini.
- Add eggs, flaxseed meal, tapioca, herbs, salt, pepper and baking powder.
- Combine all ingredients well and divide mixture evenly between muffin tray.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Remove and allow to cool before serving.
- Store in an air-tight container for 3-4 days.