Whip up this bright, elegant shaved zucchini dish for Spring!
For the salad:
- 2 lbs mixed zucchini and summer squash, shaved into ribbons
- 2 cups sorrel or other baby green
- 1/2 cup mint, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cured olives, dried and crumbed* or 1 cup minced cured olives
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of sea salt
- 12 macadamia nuts
- Micro greens for garnish
- Shave zucchini and squash into thin ribbons on a mandoline then toss with greens, mint and olive crumb. Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, nutritional yeast, and mustard. Toss zucchini with dressing. Finely grate macadamia nuts over top of salad. Garnish with micro greens.
- To make olive crumb, simply bake at lowest temperature or dehydrate 1 cup of pitted cured olives. Bake until they are completely dried out and crisp. Process in food processor to create ‘crumbs’. They add an interesting depth of flavor to a variety of dishes.
For more Spring inspiration, check out The Chalkboard Mag