Do you want to indulge your love ones with a delicious yet healthy treat? You need to try these muffins! So tasty, and loaded with fruits and vegetables.
As the Christmas season arrives, you need to experience the smell of cinnamon and ginger coming out from the freshly baked muffins in your kitchen!
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup organic corn starch
- 1/2 cup ground almonds or almond meal
- 2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup (or maple)
- 2 organic free-range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 big beet, peeled and grated
- 1 apple, grated
- 3 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cm (1/2 inch) fresh ginger, grated
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (the first 7 listed above). In another bowl mix the eggs with syrup, vanilla, oil and ginger. Pour into dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
Add the grated beet, apple and stir until combined. Finally add the chopped dates.
Spoon into the muffin molds or loaf pan.
Bake on a low heat oven for about 25 min until a knife inserted comes out clean.