This vegan cookies and cream ice-cream is lick-the-bowl-delicious! Its creamy cashew and coconut base is laced with chewy cookies, perfect for all occasions.
RAW CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- 1 cup almond meal or hazelnut meal
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Combine almond meal, raw cacao powder, shredded coconut, maple syrup and coconut oil in the food processor and process until well combined.
- Line surface with baking paper and roll out the cookie mixture.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut biscuits (using a small cookie cutter we were able to cut out 24 cookies). Tip: once you've rolled and cut, roll out remaining 'off-cuts' to get the most out of your cookie mix.
- Place your cut cookies into the freezer to set.
- Once set, chopped up into small pieces to be mixed through the vanilla ice-cream.
VEGAN VANILLA ICE-CREAM
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Before placing ice cream into the freezer, mix through your chopped up raw cookies.
- Place ice cream mixture into a freezer safe bowl and then into the freezer to set, stirring occasionally. Allow to set and eat with minimal guilt.