- 2 cups uncooked whole grain, gluten-free pasta
- 2 medium yams
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 to 4 peeled garlic cloves, as desired
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup cashew butter
- 1 cup water, as needed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Wash and peel the yams, then cut into ½-inch pieces and steam for 10 minutes or until tender. Set aside a handful of pieces. Blend the rest of the
yamwith the remaining cheezesauce ingredients until the mixture is smooth and thick enough to hold its shape, adding water as needed.
- Mix the
cheesysauce into your pasta along with the few pieces of yam you set aside, sprinkle on some cracked black pepper and indulge happily! It’s all good!