The best thing about this recipe is that you can really swap the peaches for any other fruit you may have at home, berries, apples, pears to name a few. For the
Hope you enjoy it and remember to pull it out when you’re desperate for a little sweet treat!
- 7-8 peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp any kind of sweetener, I used coconut
sugarbut xylitol, rice malt syrup or maple syrup will also work.
- A few drops of vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup macadamias
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup shredded or desiccated coconut
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat the oven on 350F (180C).
- Place the peaches, sweetener of choice and vanilla in a medium saucepan and cook on low-medium for 10 minutes with the lid on. Make sure to stir occasionally.
- While it’s cooking, combine the almond meal, macadamias, dates and coconut in a food processor. Blend using the S blade for around 30 seconds to a minute until the desired texture is reached. I like to keep some chunky bits in there to get the crunch of the macadamias.
- Place the stewed peaches in 4 separate ramekins and top with crumble mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the top of the crumble starts browning.
- Serve warm.
Serves 4 people and takes 25-30 minutes to make.