- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika (or whichever spices you love)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl toss together the chickpeas, olive oil and spices until well coated.
- Spread chickpeas even on lined baking tray and roast for 25-30 minutes or until your chickpeas are golden brown and slightly crunchy.
- Remove and allow to cool. They will go a little more crunchy as they cool.
- *If you have a dehydrator you could always try dehydrating your chickpeas instead of roasting.
SPICED PUMPKIN SOUPServes 4
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 butternut pumpkin, peeled and cubed (approx. 2 cups of diced pumpkin)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup coconut cream
- salt & pepper to season
- Steam cubed pumpkin until soft enough to poke with a fork.
- While the pumpkin is steaming, in a medium skillet over medium heat add coconut oil and sauté onion, garlic and ginger until softened.
pumpkinhas cooled, add to the blender with sautéd mix, ground spices, vegetable broth and coconut milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with crunchy chickpea croutons.