One of our absolute favorites from the Food Matters Recipe Collection on FMTV. It’s quick to make and tastes just as good as the regular pasta version, without the heavy feeling post-meal!
Why is it so good for you?
Zucchini provides you with lutein and zeaxanthin, two carotenoids that promote healthy eyesight! They’re also a source of magnesium, folate and fiber.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 3 zucchinis
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 6 soaked sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 date
- 2 tbsp of parsley or basil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Spiralizer or vegetable peeler
- Food processor or blender
WHAT TO DO
- Spiralize the zucchini into noodles or with a peeler, into ribbons and place in a large serving bowl.
- For the sauce, place remaining ingredients in food processor/ blender until smooth.
- To serve, place the zucchini noodles/ ribbons into bowls and pour the raw source over the top, just like you would for a bowl of pasta.
Watch James make this recipe step-by-step on FMTV!