3 Healing Herbal Tonics To Replace Your Morning Latte
THIS FALL we’re living for every cozy, nourishing beverage we can get our hands on — and are extra thrilled by those that don’t involve a certain spiced squash (you know who you are). If you’re feeling the same, grab your cutest ceramic mug and whip up one of these healing herbal tonics from founder and creative director of Urban Moonshine , Jovial King.
Urban Moonshine is a modern herbal apothecary we instantly started crushing on after we first tried their small-batch bitters a few years back. Learn all about the healing power of these blends in our interview with Jovial , who is sharing three of her favorite ways to use them below.
Swap in one of these energizing, immunity-boosting adaptogenic bevs to replace whatever you usually sip on to start the day.
Energy Tonic Mocha
This is the perfect drink for morning or midday, when you feel like you need a coffee. It’s caffeine-free, but you get the natural stimulant boost that acts like caffeine from the rhodiola in the energy tonic.
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk (or milk if you prefer)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Urban Moonshine Energy Tonic
- Bring milk and cacao to a boil on the stovetop.
- Add honey and energy tonic, use a blender or milk frother to froth and make creamy.
- Enjoy warm or iced.
Bitter Mushroom Coffee
A healthy spin on your morning coffee ritual, including mushrooms for longevity and digestive bitters for a healthy digestive system.
- 3-5 scoops fresh ground coffee, depending on your strength preference
- 1 scoop (1-2 Tbsp) of reishi powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 dose of Urban Moonshine Healthy Liver Bitters
- Optional: cream + maple syrup, etc.
- Steep coffee, reishi powder and cinnamon in a French press, pour off and add 1 dose of healthy liver bitters to the cup.
- Top with cream and maple syrup and whisk – or use a milk frother for a creamy texture.
Warm + Spicy Medicinal Chai With Immune Tonic
Urban Moonshine Immune Tonic features astragalus and reishi.
- Chai spice mix : cardamom, cinnamon, fennel, ginger, black pepper, star anise, coriander, clove
- 1 dose Urban Moonshine Immune Tonic
- Coconut milk/cream
- Brew the chai mix on the stovetop and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain into a mug and add a dose of Urban Moonshine Immune Tonic, plus cream and honey to taste.
Kickstart your journey back to health with 21-days of gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined-sugar-free recipes. Explore the Food Matters Clean Eating Program today.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!