“Cheesy” Leek & Broccoli Tartlets (Vegan, Gluten-free, Soy-Free)
Cheesy tarts... Need we say more? If you are yet to try making a gluten-free tart then this recipe is for you!
Baking gluten-free options can include a lot of trial and error before you get it right. This recipe for a simple tart is definitely a winner using only a few wholesome ingredients.
Press-In Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tbsp chilled coconut oil
- 2 tbsp (+1/2 tbsp) cold water
Cheesy Leek & Broccoli Filling
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 leek, halved lengthwise and chopped finely
- approx. 100 g/3.5oz broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cashews, soaked
- 1 tbsp nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp arrowroot
- 1/2 cup water
- black pepper
What to do
- Prepare the crust first.
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F. Lightly grease 3 tartlet tins with coconut oil.
- Stir together dry ingredients then cut in coconut oil with a fork, until crumbly. Add water 1 Tbsp at a time, until you can form a ball with the mixture with your hands. Divide the dough into 3 and press evenly into the prepared tins until it evenly covers the base and sides. Prick all over with a fork to prevent it puffing up.
- Pre-bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling.
- Sauté the leeks in the oil over medium heat for approx 10 minutes, stirring often. Add the broccoli, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Blend together the remaining ingredients, except pepper (cashews through to water) and mix with the leeks and broccoli. Season with black pepper, to taste. Spoon the filling into the pre-baked crusts.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Place under the grill/broil for 1-2 minutes to brown tops (optional). Cool briefly before removing from the tins and serve warm or cold.
* To make one 8-9" tart to serve 6, double the ingredients, pre-bake the crust for 25 minutes then bake filled tart for 30-40 minutes.
Take the stress out of cooking with 21-days of guided meal plans, shopping lists, and nutrition support. You’ll find all of this, and more, in our signature Clean Eating Program.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!