Store bought mayo is laden with additives and unnecessary ingredients, but you might not have realized just how easy it is to make yourself. Give this dairy free, raw version a try and you will never go back!
- 1/2 cup of raw cashews
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice (around 2 whole lemons)
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon seeded mustard (optional)
- Himalayan sea salt and pepper to taste
- Blend the raw cashews, Himalayan sea salt & pepper in a high-speed blender or food processor until super fine powder.
- Add equal parts freshly squeezed lemon juice and virgin olive oil.
- Add a little raw honey and seeded mustard.
- Blend until thick and smooth, should take around 20 seconds.
- Continue to add a few tablespoons of water at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- You can vary as you like and add water to thin it out as it will naturally thicken in the fridge as the cashews absorb most moisture.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days and use on salads, rice, sourdough, in pasta… the choices are endless!