All hail the mighty, illustrious kale; can it do no wrong? Whether you’re already in a love affair with this powerful healing ingredient, or you’re just in the courting stages, this crunchy kaleslaw will take your relationship to the next level.
WF DF GF SF VEG VG
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 cups thinly sliced Tuscan kale
- 1/2 cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum (pepper), seeds and membrane removed, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- parsley, or micro herbs, to serve (optional)
- 120 g (41/4 oz/3/4 cup) raw cashews
- 40 g (11/2 oz/1/4 cup) sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free mustard
WHAT TO DO
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a food processor with a generous splash of filtered water and blend until smooth.
- Place the slaw ingredients in a bowl, stir through the dressing and serve.
Recipe and images from Supercharged Food: Eat Clean, Green and Vegetarian by Lee Holmes (Murdoch Books) available now in all good bookstores and online.