Vegan San Choy Bau
A crisp and crunchy vegan take on this popular dish. Infused with ginger, coriander and all the Asian flavors we know and love. This vegan san choy bau is a fast and healthy delight!
- 2 tsp coconut oil for pan frying
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 chili, finely diced
- 400g mixed mushrooms (shiitake, enoki, oyster, button), chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- Juice of ½ lime
- sea salt to taste
- handful fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cup peanuts, roughly crushed
- 6-10 cos lettuce leaves
What to do
- Heat frypan over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil and swirl to coat the base.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and chili. Stir-fry for a few minutes until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Add the mixed mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the zucchini, carrot, Tamari, coconut sugar, and lime juice. Stir- fry for 5 minutes until vegetables are soft. Season with salt.
- Remove from heat and mix through fresh cilantro.
- Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and top with crushed peanuts and fresh cilantro.