Vegan San Choy Bau
A crisp and crunchy vegan take on this popular dish. Infused with ginger, coriander and all the Asian flavors we know and love. This vegan san choy bau is a fast and healthy delight!
- 2 tsp coconut oil for pan frying
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 chili, finely diced
- 400g mixed mushrooms (shiitake, enoki, oyster, button), chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- Juice of ½ lime
- sea salt to taste
- handful fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cup peanuts, roughly crushed
- 6-10 cos lettuce leaves
What to do
- Heat frypan over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil and swirl to coat the base.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and chili. Stir-fry for a few minutes until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Add the mixed mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the zucchini, carrot, Tamari, coconut sugar, and lime juice. Stir- fry for 5 minutes until vegetables are soft. Season with salt.
- Remove from heat and mix through fresh cilantro.
- Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and top with crushed peanuts and fresh cilantro.
Take the stress out of cooking with 21-days of guided meal plans, shopping lists, and nutrition support. You’ll find all of this, and more, in our signature Clean Eating Program.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!