Warm your body from the inside out with this warming pumpkin soup, packed with heart-warming spices, topped with crunchy chickpea croutons!
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika (or whichever spices you love)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl toss together the chickpeas, olive oil and spices until well coated.
- Spread chickpeas evenly on lined baking tray and roast for 25-30 minutes or until your chickpeas are golden brown and slightly crunchy.
- Remove and allow to cool. They will go a little more crunchy as they cool.
- *If you have a dehydrator you could always try dehydrating your chickpeas instead of roasting.
SPICED PUMPKIN SOUP
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 butternut pumpkin, peeled and cubed (approx. 2 cups of diced pumpkin)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup coconut cream
- Salt & pepper to season
- Steam cubed pumpkin until soft enough to poke with a fork.
- While the pumpkin is steaming, in a medium skillet over medium heat add coconut oil and sauté onion, garlic and ginger until softened.
- Once pumpkin has cooled, add to the blender with sautéd mix, ground spices, vegetable broth and coconut milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with crunchy chickpea croutons.