Here are 3 of our favorite ways to harness the healing power of essential oils:
SOAK YOUR BODYOats have been used for centuries as a part of a natural beauty routine to help beautify the skin. They are well known for helping with acne, excess oil and even dryness of the skin. These are perfect for moisturizing, healing and brightening. In addition, this is the perfect combo to help relax the entire body, reduce stress and prep your mind and body for a night of rest.
- 1/2 cup oats
- Lavender Essential Oils
- Put the oats into a muslin or calico cloth and tie in a ball to form a ‘bath bomb’. Fill your bath and drop your oats ball in with a few drops of lavender oil.
- Relax and feel yourself become soothed, calm and stress free.
SCRUB UPDon’t have a bath? Try this scrub in a warm shower just before heading to bed. Bring on a restful night’s sleep! This can be a beautiful ritual to do just before heading to bed (when the kids are already asleep!). And the best thing is, that you probably already have these ingredients in your pantry and you don’t need to spend crazy amounts of money on store bought products.
- 2-3 tablespoons salt or sugar
- 2-3 drops of your favorite essential oils
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut Oil
- Combine the salt or sugar with the coconut oil and essential oils in a bowl until a paste has formed.
- Stand in the shower and apply the scrub to your body using long, even strokes and massage into the skin. Turn the shower on and rinse.
- After your shower apply some more coconut oil into your skin.
TAKE A WHIFFThis is pretty self-explanatory and super simple. Just by inhaling essential oils through your olfactory senses, your focus can change instantly. This method is especially good to set up in your sleeping space up to an hour before you head to bed.
Scent your space with a diffuser by dropping a few drops with some water in a traditional oil burner or a diffuser in your home to help reduce stress and promote a restful night’s sleep.
SOME OF OUR FAVORITE:1. Rose: the queen of oils to help with all stress issues
2. Frankincense: relaxing and aromatic
3. Lavender: soothing; builds solidarity and strength
4. Bergamot: calming; relieves mild anxiety