I don’t know about you, but I want my nut milk to be of the best quality and actually have more than the 2% nuts in it. I typically buy a brand that has 10% activated almonds when I don’t have the time to make my own.
When I started experimenting with different flavours, I wanted to try different spices and created this creamy, rich and bodied milk. It has 5 ingredients and it’s super easy to make! I always use organic ingredients at home, but do what you can.
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for a minimum of 2 hrs)
- 4 cups water (filtered preferably)
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 1 tbs (12) cardamom pods
WHAT TO DO
- After the cashews have finished soaking, rinse them well.
- Add the cashews, water, dates, vanilla and cardamom pods to a high-speed blender and blend for around 30 seconds.
- Once a smooth, creamy consistency has been reached, put it through a nut bag a strain. I normally don’t even bother as my blender is really good and cashews are so creamy that I just drink it the way it is without straining it. Almonds can be a little more crunchy so I would strain them.
- Store it in an airtight glass jar for up to 5 days in the fridge.