On the hunt for some weekend cooking inspiration? Chilli prawns with cauliflower fried rice sounds like the perfect answer to us!
- 1 small cauliflower, stems removed
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 8 large green prawns, deveined and peeled with tails intact
- 2 Tbsp chilli pesto
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2cm (¾”) piece of fresh ginger, grated
- ½ bunch broccolini, trimmed and halved
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- ½ red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 1 Tbsp slivered almonds and squeeze of lemon, to serve
WHAT TO DO
- Pulse the raw cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles rice. This can also be achieved on a large hand grater, however it is much easier in the processor. Set aside.
- Heat half the coconut oil in a medium sized non-stick fry pan over high heat then add the prawns.
- Add the chilli pesto and stir fry prawns for 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove prawns from the pan and keep warm while you prepare the cauliflower rice.
- Using the same pan to retain all the flavours, heat the remaining coconut oil over a medium – high heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 2 - 3 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the cauliflower and broccolini and cook for 3 - 4 minutes, or until tender. Add soy sauce or tamari, spring onion and capsicum and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until everything is heated through and well combined.
- Arrange the prawns on top of the cauliflower rice and serve with extra chilli, spring onion, slivered almonds and a squeeze of fresh lemon.