- 3 cups hazelnut or almond milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger – peeled and sliced
- Freshly ground nutmeg – to taste
- 1 vanilla bean – seeds scraped out
- 5 tablespoons coconut sugar or to taste
- 1 cup shredded cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup mesquite powder
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a medium saucepan, combine the nut milk, cinnamon stick, ginger, nutmeg, vanilla seeds and pod, and coconut sugar.
- Bring to a near boil, stirring to help the sugar dissolve. Remove from heat, cover and let infuse for 20-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt cocoa butter on a double boiler. Add in the rest of the ingredients, mix until smooth.
- Strain the milk and gradually add it into the chocolate mixture, mixing to combine as you go.
- Enjoy and stay warm.