- 1 cup/250g sweet potato, mashed
- 1 cup whole oats
- 1 cup
buckinis(raw buckwheat groats)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup unhulled tahini
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1 tbsp mixed spices
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/356°F and line a 27x17cm (10 x 8 inch) tin with baking paper.
- Place the spices, sunflower seed butter, tahini, coconut oil and syrup in a saucepan and stir over a low to medium heat until melted. This should take just a minute or two.
- Add the sweet potato, oats,
buckinis, sunflower seeds and sultanas and stir to combine.
- Place the mixture into the lined tin, pressing down firmly so it is tightly packed.
- Bake for 30 min or until the edges are crispy.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin before cutting it into bars.
- Serve the muesli bars just as they are.
- If you are lucky enough to have some leftovers, freeze them. They are especially delicious eaten straight from the freezer as a refreshing snack. Store in fridge for 1 week or freeze for 1 month.