Proof that mid-week dinners don't need to be complicated, packed with ingredients and need numerous pots and pans!
- 1 fresh chili, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch of coriander
- Olive oil
- 2 peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 1 x 400g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bottle Passata (organic, 100% where possible).
- In food processor, process together the chili, onion, paprika, cumin, garlic, stalks of coriander and 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Heat pan on medium heat, add in prepared chili paste, peppers, chickpeas and black beans,
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper and pour in passata.
- Stir well, place lid on and simmer for 10-15 minutes until sauce slightly thickens.
- Serve with extra coriander and some steamed rice or cauliflower rice.