"But people have been eating meat for years..."
"Bread has been a staple since the beginning of time and no one had a gluten problem back then..."
We've all heard these remarks before, and in fact, they're not wrong. But thousands of years ago, people ate these things as they came from Mother Nature, not pumped with chemicals and additives our modern food cultured has introduced. So how can we get back to those basics, eating real food the way it was intended?
In this week's episode of the Food Matters Podcast, James talks with healthy living expert, Cyndi O'Meara and they tackle that exact issue, plus how to get back to eating the foods that will lead to an optimal life.
Cyndi is a nutritionist, best-selling author, international speaker and founder of 'Changing Habits'. Not your standard nutritionist, Cyndi disagrees with low-fat, low-calorie diets, and believes that cheat days are an important part of a well-balanced diet. She must be doing something right because she maintains a healthy weight and has never (in her whole life!) taken an antibiotic, pain-killer, or any other form of medication.
In Episode 22 of the Food Matters Podcast with Cyndi O’Meara, you will learn:
- How Cyndi has avoided using conventional medications her whole life
- Why wheat, once a staple, is now causing gut related issues
- Cyndi’s approach to diet, eating well, and eating sustainable and chemical free
- What foods make up an ideal, gut-supportive diet
- Non-food elements that help to support gut health
- The four P's that lead to a strong, healthy body
- How to spot a phony health product in the stores
- Cyndi's take on the supplement industry
- How to live a healthy lifestyle on a budget
- Cyndi's tips on raising kids that choose a healthy lifestyle
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. We would love to hear your thoughts on the show, so please leave us a comment below. If you loved this episode, please share it with someone you know will benefit. You can also leave a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can reach more people together!