Once you venture into the world of apple cider vinegar you won’t turn back. On top of its well known powerful digestive benefits, apple cider vinegar can perform a whole range of miracles from cleaning your entire home to creating beautiful glossy hair!
The Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar Are Endless!
Here are 22 diverse ways to use apple cider vinegar in your home:
1. Supercharge your digestion! Try a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a small amount of water before meals. The sour taste can help to trigger the release of saliva and digestive juices that break down your food.
2. Lose weight naturally! A study in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition reports that satiety (feeling full) is increased when apple cider vinegar is taken with food. Take one to two tablespoons diluted in water before meals.
3. Clean your home without chemicals! Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid which is antimicrobial, this means you can cut down on toxic cleaning products in your home.
4. Keep your blood sugar stable! A study involving type 2 diabetic patients found that taking two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before bed was effective in lowering blood sugar by the next morning. Dilute the vinegar in a glass of water first before drinking.
5. Fight off a sore throat! With its antibacterial properties apple cider vinegar may help as a gargle to ward off pathogenic bacteria. Dilute one tablespoon in a glass of water and gargle three times daily.
6. Treat acid reflux once and for all! When a weak digestive system struggles to break down food, symptoms such as reflux and heartburn often occur. Apple cider vinegar helps to promote healthy digestion by increasing your digestive juices.
7. Reduce sugar cravings naturally! Steer your taste buds towards sour rather than sweet with apple cider vinegar. Mix one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of chilled water for a tangy, refreshing drink.
8. Say goodbye to fruit flies! Pour a small amount of apple cider vinegar into a jar then seal the opening with cling wrap. Poke pin-sized holes into the cling wrap and leave the jar in the kitchen. Fruit flies will be drawn to the scent of apple cider vinegar then become trapped inside the jar.
9. Be heart smart! Studies have found that polyphenols (such as chlorogenic acid found in apple cider vinegar) may reduce oxidation of low-density lipoproteins (bad cholesterol) and even prevent cardiovascular disease.
10. Treat your feet with a deodorising foot bath! Add a splash of apple cider vinegar to a bucket filled with warm water then soak feet for 10-15 minutes to remove bacteria.
11.Boost your bone broth! Adding apple cider vinegar to your bone broth while it’s bubbling away can help to extract valuable minerals from the bones.
12. Beat fleas! Mix one part water with one part apple cider vinegar then spray onto your pet and rub through their fur - as an added bonus their coat will become silky soft!
13. Avoid toxic chemicals in deodorants! Dab a small amount of apple cider vinegar under each armpit for a natural, refreshing deodorant.
14. Purify your fruits & veggies! To remove contaminants from your fresh produce, add a dash of apple cider vinegar in a sink full of water and allow your produce to soak before rinsing.
15. Get instant silky locks! Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to one cup of water. Rinse the mixture through your hair after shampooing for a beautiful shiny mane.
16.Supercharge your salad dressing! Mix with extra virgin olive oil and dried herbs for a simple, healthy and delicious salad dressing.
17. Give your body a daily detox! Bitter foods and drinks may promote healthy liver function by stimulating enzyme secretion and bile flow. Enjoy the benefits of a daily cleanse by including one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in your diet each day.
18.Keep your pearly whites healthy! Apple cider vinegar can help to ward off cavity-causing bacteria. Add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to half a glass of water then swish around your mouth for natural mouthwash. Follow with a rinse of water.
19. Make your skin glow! With its antimicrobial components, apple cider vinegar acts as a natural cleanser. Add a dash of apple cider vinegar to a bowl of water then splash your face to clear away impurities.
20. Preserve your leftovers! Stop avocados, apples and other fruits from going brown by adding a few drops of apple cider vinegar to the exposed flesh then cover.
21. Create melt-in-your-mouth meals! Impress your dinner guests by adding apple cider vinegar to marinades to help tenderise meat, chicken or fish and create a succulent feast!
22. Soothe sunburn! Add one cup of apple cider vinegar to a lukewarm bath to soothe painful sunburn.
When buying apple cider vinegar, be sure to choose certified organic, raw, unfiltered and unpasteurized as this is the highest quality form that contains the ‘mother’ (yeast and acetic acid bacteria). The more murky it looks the better because this shows it hasn’t been filtered of all its goodness. When taking it orally, start with small doses (as your taste buds adjust) and always mix with water. Be warned, you may become an apple cider addict!