Poor, fat. It’s been negatively spoken about for decades. Unfortunately, fat is undeserving of such criticism, especially if we are referring to healthy fats!
In recent years, the importance of healthy fats to build and sustain our health has become increasingly emphasized.
Need convincing? Here are five reasons you should add foods such as avocados, coconut oil, and more oily fish to your shopping cart:
- Fatty Acids: healthy fats provide essential fatty acids, which are necessary for many bodily functions such as transportation of cholesterol in the blood, fighting infections, balancing the immune system, forming hemoglobin, etc.
- Fat is energy! It powers the majority of our life functions. When we are deficient in healthy fats, our energy decreases.
- Fat helps maintain healthy skin. Our body cells must contain fat to function, and this helps better control what goes in and out of our skin cells.
- Fat is essential for the absorption of vitamins K, A, E, D, etc. Fat helps move these vitamins so they are properly dispersed.
- Fat helps produce steroid hormones, which instigate and regulate our different body systems.
Eliminating healthy fats is not the key to effective weight loss. However, such eliminations will cause a decline in one’s overall health. Fat is essential for so many bodily processes, so give your body what it needs—healthy fats. Your body will love you for it!