Staying Healthy at Halloween doesn't have to mean missing out on all things sweet. Here's a tasty alternative to satisfy your Halloween sweet tooth, without any tricks!
Pumpkin Choc Chip CookiesCookies made out of vegetables! Who would've thought? Makes approximately 18-20.
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin, skin removed and cut into
- 1/4 cup softened butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp natural vanilla bean powder or extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups coconut or buckwheat flour
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 50 grams of 70-85% dark chocolate chips or chop a block roughly into chunks
1. Preheat oven to 335 F/ 180 C. Rub in a couple of tablespoons of melted coconut oil over pumpkin. Roast the pumpkin for 45 minutes or until soft. Allow to cool slightly.
2. In a bowl, mix the pumpkin pieces, butter/ coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Combine well to form a smooth batter. Stir
4. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container in the fridge. They are really good when they're still warm!