A Healthy Halloween Treat!
From 'The Food Matters Recipe Book' - Quick, Delicious and Nourishing Recipes for a Vibrant and Healthy Life!
Staying Healthy at Halloween doesn't have to mean missing out on all things sweet. Here's a tasty alternative to satisfy your Halloween sweet tooth, without any tricks!
Pumpkin Choc Chip Cookies
Cookies made out of vegetables! Who would've thought? Makes approximately 18-20.
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin, skin removed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup softened butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp natural vanilla bean powder or extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups coconut or buckwheat flour
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 50 grams of 70-85% dark chocolate chips or chop a block roughly into chunks
1. Preheat oven to 335 F/ 180 C. Rub in a couple of tablespoons of melted coconut oil over pumpkin. Roast the pumpkin for 45 minutes or until soft. Allow to cool slightly.
2. In a bowl, mix the pumpkin pieces, butter/ coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Combine well to form a smooth batter. Stir through the chocolate chips/ chunks.
3. Spoon tablespoon sized rounds onto a grease-proof baking paper-lined tray. Spread out with the back of a spoon so they are about 1cm thick. Bake for about 15-20 minutes. They will still be soft and the underside should become golden brown.
4. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container in the fridge. They are really good when they're still warm!
Discover how to lose excess fat from your belly, face & thighs in less than 7 days with this simple ancient practice. Watch the Detox Masterclass here. Playing for a limited time!