The Connection Between Digestion, Stress & Weight with Jon Gabriel
Listen on the food matters podcast
There are so many factors that can impact our weight and our health. Poor food choices and lack of movement are two of the key factors which can lead to weight gain. We believe that the best way to achieve natural, sustainable weight loss is by using a holistic approach that encompasses nourishing foods, movement & mindfulness. If you use these three key pillars in harmony, not only will you lose weight, you’ll also feel happier, healthier, and more energetic.
But did you know that there is a connection between digestion, stress, and weight gain? In this episode of The Food Matters Podcast, you’ll be learning about how external and internal factors in your life could be negatively impacting your digestive health and how this is connected to your weight.
If there’s anyone uniquely qualified to speak to this subject, it’s repeat guest, and bestselling author Jon Gabriel. Jon was lethargic, exhausted, overwhelmed, and led himself on a massive journey of weight loss - more than 220 lbs using the powers of meditation and visualization. This was now 16 years ago, and since this, Jon has been inspiring others to take the simple steps to lasting change.
In this week's episode with Jon Gabriel you’ll discover:
- The incredible true story behind how Jon shed a remarkable 220 pounds over a 2 year period.
- The impact of starvation on weight gain and weight management, and the role of stress in this cycle.
- How a good microbiome is KEY to health and KEY to weight loss and the science behind it.
- How to shift your focus to health instead of weight loss PLUS the foods our microbiome crave.
- How incorporating visualizations into your daily practice can benefit you and help you achieve your weight loss goals.
- And much, much more.
- Jon Gabriel's annual 21-day meditation for weight loss challenge (website)
- How to Change Your Universe by Jon Gabriel (book)
- Hungry for Change (film)
- Eat Dirt by Dr. Josh Axe (book)
- Food Matters weight loss guide (website)
- 6 types of stress & how they affect your weight (article)
- Food Matters stress reduction guide (website)
- 10-minute guided visualization for weight loss (video)
- You can also get the latest Food Matters Podcast episodes straight to your inbox by signing up here.
Thank you so much for listening. This week’s conversation may forever change the way you think about weight loss and I would love to hear how this has challenged your thoughts or inspired you in the comments below!