The Powerful Benefits of an Anti-Inflammatory Diet with Ocean Robbins
What exactly is inflammation, and how do the foods we eat play a role in it?
In this episode with Ocean Robbins, our conversation centers around an anti-inflammatory diet, the overwhelming health benefits of this lifestyle, and the top foods to eat to support it. Ocean explores the key factors that contribute to inflammation and, if left unaddressed, the long-term implications of chronic cases.
It surprises people to know that inflammation is actually a naturally occurring reaction in the body. This process allows the body to heal itself when we get a cut, bump, or bruise. What isn’t normal, or isn’t ideal, is long-term chronic inflammation. Our bodies aren’t built to withstand that kind of pressure, and often this results in the development of chronic disease. That’s why it’s essential that we begin to shift towards an anti-inflammatory diet.
Ocean Robbins is a passionate advocate of food as medicine. Alongside his father, John Robbins, he is the founder of Food Revolution Network, an online-based education and advocacy-driven organization committed to healthy, ethical, sustainable food for all.
In this week's episode with Ocean Robbins, you’ll discover:
- The key lifestyle and nutritional factors that contribute to inflammation.
- How inflammation is actually a natural response from the immune system to protect the body.
- How to combat and prevent chronic inflammation through nutrition (no drugs necessary).
- Ocean's top 7 foods to fight inflammation and the best plant-based source of omega-3s.
- Plus, so much more.
- Learn more about Food Revolution Network (website)
- Discover anti-inflammatory recipes and meal plans in the Clean Eating Program (program).
- Read Ocean’s best-selling book, 31 Day Food Revolution, (book)
- Order John Robbins’ book, Diet For A New America (book)
Throughout this conversation, you’ll begin to understand why inflammation is one of the most talked-about topics in the industry, and you’ll learn real, tangible ways to heal.