Using Adaptogenic Mushrooms to Optimize Your Brain Health & Boost Your Immunity with Tero Isokauppila
Listen on the food matters podcast
Have you ever wondered how to begin incorporating adaptogens into your diet? Adaptogens are taking the health and wellness world by storm right now, and there’s no wonder why. These powerful substances that nature has given us have the potential to help your body adapt to stress.
Adaptogenic mushrooms have been around for thousands of years, but in more recent years, you may have noticed their rise in popularity as people are going back to nature to heal their gut issues, maximize their brain function, and boost their immunity.
In this episode with Tero Isokauppila, founder of Four Sigmatic, we sit down to talk about the ins and outs of adaptogens and how you can use them to give your body a natural boost and consequently improve your overall health.
About Tero Isokauppila
Tero Isokauppila is passionate about bringing healthy upgrades into America’s daily routine by making the world’s most studied and nutrient-dense foods more delicious and easier to consume. Tero has a degree in Chemistry, Business, and a Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition at Cornell University. He is a leader in all things related to nutrition, health, and wellness. This year, Tero is releasing his third book Healing Adaptogens: The Definitive Guide to Using Super Herbs and Mushrooms for Your Body's Restoration, Defense, and Performance with Hayhouse publishing.
In this week's episode with Tero Isokauppila, you’ll discover:
- How Tero and his team at Four Sigmatic have supercharged coffee into a drink with countless health benefits.
- The best functional mushrooms you can incorporate into your diet to enhance a variety of your body’s systems.
- Adaptogens that you can consume to boost your immunity.
- The most effective way to consume adaptogens and what to look out for when purchasing them.
- The importance of ‘stressing’ your body in a healthy way from time to time and some of the practical ways you can do this.
- Learn About the Food Matters Nutrition Certification Program (website)
- Follow Tero on Instagram (Instagram)
- Learn more about Four Sigmatic (website)
- Read Tero’s new book (book)
- Watch Tero’s Talks at Google (video)
- Read The Immortality Key: The Secret History of the Religion with No Name by Brian Muraresku (book)
If you enjoyed this podcast, please share it with your friends and family on social media, and leave a comment or review here. We'd love to hear from you, and hear about your experience.
We'll see you next time!