Harnessing the Power of Plants to Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease with Dr. Joel Kahn
Listen on the food matters podcast
Did you know that heart disease is preventable, reversible, and treatable? As modern society continues to develop, there are many resources available for us to be proactive about our heart health, including being aware of genetics and lifestyle factors. In this episode with Dr. Joel Kahn, we dive deep into the truth about heart disease, cholesterol, and how a plant-based diet could be the key to a healthy heart.
About Dr. Joel Kahn
Joel Kahn, MD, FACC of Detroit, Michigan, is a practicing cardiologist, and a Clinical Professor of Medicine at Wayne State University School of Medicine. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Michigan Medical School. Known as "America’s Healthy Heart Doc", Dr. Kahn has triple board certification in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Medicine, and Interventional Cardiology. He was the first physician in the world to certify in Metabolic Cardiology with A4M/MMI and the University of South Florida. He founded the Kahn Center for Cardiac Longevity in Bingham Farms, MI.
Dr. Kahn has authored scores of publications in his field including articles, book chapters and monographs. He writes health articles and has five books in publication including Your Whole Heart Solution, Dead Execs Don’t Get Bonuses and The Plant Based Solution, and Lipoprotein(a): The Heart’s Silent Killer. He has regular appearances on Dr. Phil, The Doctors Show, Dr. Oz, Larry King Now, Joe Rogan Experience, and with Bassem Yousef. His podcast, Heart Doc VIP, is in its 4th year and widely popular. He has been awarded a Health Hero award from Detroit Crain’s Business.
In this week's episode with Dr. Joel Kahn, you’ll discover:
- The main reasons that our arteries become clogged (and what you can do about it)
- The importance of regularly checking your blood pressure
- The tests that everyone should be getting to stay on top of heart health
- The biggest risk factors for heart disease
- The top foods to eat to promote good heart health
- And so much more!
- Follow Dr. Joel Kahn on Instagram (instagram)
- Learn more about Dr. Joel Kahn (website)
- Read Dr. Joel Kahn’s book Lipoprotein (a) (book)
- Read Dr. Joel Kahn’s book The Plant Based Solution (book)
- Read Healthy at 100 by John Robbins (book)
- Read Diet for a New America by John Robbins (book)
If you enjoyed this podcast, please share it with your friends and family on social media, and leave a comment or review here. We'd love to hear from you, and hear about your experience.
We’ll see you next time.