With more and more people looking to avoid dairy, alternative products like coconut yogurt are popping up on store shelves. I have seen brands that are cleaner than others but usually these products contain a long list of questionable ingredients including added sugar. But what if I told you that you can make your own at home with only 2 ingredients and for a fraction of the cost? Would you give it a try?
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 1/2 cup- 1 cup
- 1 cup coconut meat
- 6 tablespoons plain kombucha (store bought or homemade)
- Sweeten to taste with raw honey, pure maple syrup, or pure stevia
- Flavor options:
- Strawberry- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed strawberries
- Blueberry Lemon- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed blueberries + zest of 1/2 lemon
- Ginger Peach- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed peaches + 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- Lime- Zest and juice (about 1 tablespoon) of one lime + 1 teaspoon matcha powder
WHAT TO DO
- Drain the coconut water from the young coconut and scrape out the meat using a spoon or knife.
- Add the coconut meat and kombucha to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more kombucha as needed for desired texture.
- Add in the sweetener as desired and flavor options and continue to blend until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Notes* Choose organic ingredients when possible.