DIY Coconut Yogurt 4 Ways
With more and more people looking to avoid dairy, alternative products like coconut yogurt are popping up on store shelves. I have seen brands that are cleaner than others but usually these products contain a long list of questionable ingredients including added sugar. But what if I told you that you can make your own at home with only 2 ingredients and for a fraction of the cost? Would you give it a try?
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 1/2 cup- 1 cup
- 1 cup coconut meat
- 6 tablespoons plain kombucha (store bought or homemade)
- Sweeten to taste with raw honey, pure maple syrup, or pure stevia
- Flavor options:
- Strawberry- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed strawberries
- Blueberry Lemon- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed blueberries + zest of 1/2 lemon
- Ginger Peach- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed peaches + 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- Lime- Zest and juice (about 1 tablespoon) of one lime + 1 teaspoon matcha powder
WHAT TO DO
- Drain the coconut water from the young coconut and scrape out the meat using a spoon or knife.
- Add the coconut meat and kombucha to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more kombucha as needed for desired texture.
- Add in the sweetener as desired and flavor options and continue to blend until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Notes* Choose organic ingredients when possible.
Have You Tried Making Your Own Yogurt At Home?
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!