The perfect lunchbox treat for the little ones, free of any gluten and refined sugar, so no need to worry about that crazy sugar high!
- 2 cups of whole almonds
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp of gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar (or rapadura sugar)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen raspberries (use as many as you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (170 degrees Celsius).
- Line a 12 cup muffin tray with muffin cases.
- Place the almonds into a food processor and pulse until they are finely ground.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground almonds, coconut sugar, desiccated coconut & baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil & vanilla bean paste.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bowl of almond mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cases and dot with raspberries, pushing them down into the mix slightly.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until golden on top.