Nut-free chocolate bliss balls
Bliss balls are the answer to almost any of life’s worries. They’re a nutrient-packed option for snacks on the go, a pick-me-up during the 3 P.M. slump, or even a sweet treat before bed. But the best thing about bliss balls is that you can recreate all your favorite sweet flavors. These four recipes show you just how diverse they can be, including some that are nut-free.
15 10 18
Yield: 15 to 18 balls
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: none
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup shredded coconut, plus more for rolling
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- In a blender or food processor, blend or process all the ingredients, except the coconut indicated for rolling, until the mixture is a sticky crumble.
- Scoop out around 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a 2-inch ball, then roll it in the shredded coconut.
- Place the ball on the baking sheet, repeat until all the mixture is used, and refrigerate until firm.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!