Ginger Lemon Morning Tonic
Start your day fresh or reinvigorate yourself later in the day with this energizing tummy tamer! There’s a reason why so many of us wake up to a glass of warm lemon water! Lemon juice helps flush out toxins and aids digestion by encouraging the production of bile. It is also a great source of essential nutrients including citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. Ginger has been used for over 2,000 years to help support digestion and treat stomach upsets, diarrhea, and nausea. The addition of ginger to this drink helps to soothe the stomach, reduce inflammation and provide a gentle pick-me-up!
Yield: 1 cup
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: none
- 10 oz spring or filtered water
- 1 inch ginger root
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 tbsp raw honey (omit for sugar-free option)
- Add the lemon to the glass of water.
- Grate the ginger finely on a chopping board.
- Then squeeze the ginger pieces in your hand, letting the juice of the ginger drip through your fingers and into the glass of water.
- Enjoy at room temperature.
Discover how to lose excess fat from your belly, face & thighs in less than 7 days with this simple ancient practice. Watch the Detox Masterclass here. Playing for a limited time!