There are a few iconic flavors that we associate with this time of the year.
But our favorite might just be gingerbread.
What's more festive than baking gingerbread men? Or decorating gingerbread houses? We love the warming spices combined with the deep flavor of molasses for a bit of holiday nostalgia.
We are taking our affinity for gingerbread and combining it with our love of easy recipes to bring you a new one... Gingerbread Granola.
- 2 cups organic gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 3 tbsp liquid coconut oil
- 2 heaped tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 3.5 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Optional: 1 tsp of ground nutmeg, cloves, and allspice
- Preheat the oven to 320 F (160 C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the oats, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, sea salt, cinnamon, and ginger in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut oil, maple syrup, and black strap molasses. Stir until combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the oat mixture, and mix together
- Spread the granola evenly on your baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes. Or until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes to allow the granola to get crunchy.
- Store in an airtight container.