Cashew Hemp Basil Pesto
Some things in life are worth holding on to, and that includes a good pesto recipe. Our version of basil pesto doesn't require any complicated ingredients, just those wholefoods pantry staples and a whole lot of love. The addition of hemp seeds gives a powerful nutrition punch, and the added yeast offers a traditional 'cheesy' flavor if that's what you crave in a pesto. It's an all round winner and you'll find yourself making it weekly!
- 1 large bunch basil
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup activated cashews
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- Remove basil leaves from stems and discard stems.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend. If using a mortar and pestle, add basil, garlic, cashews, hemp seeds, sea salt, and pepper, and grind to form a paste. Add olive and lemon juice at the end and mix. If you prefer a cheesier flavor, add the optional nutritional yeast to the blender and blitz.
- Store in an airtight container or jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Take the stress out of cooking with 21-days of guided meal plans, shopping lists, and nutrition support. You’ll find all of this, and more, in our signature Clean Eating Program.