Cashew Hemp Basil Pesto
Some things in life are worth holding on to, and that includes a good pesto recipe. Our version of basil pesto doesn’t require any complicated ingredients, just wholefoods pantry staples and a whole lot of love.
- Serves: 4
- Yield: 1 ½ cups
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: none
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ¼ cup activated cashews
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 pinch unrefined sea salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor. If using a mortar and pestle, grind the basil, garlic, cashews, hemp seeds, salt, and pepper to form a paste.
- Add the oil and lemon juice at the end and mix. If you’d like a cheesier flavor, add nutritional yeast.
- Store in an airtight container or jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Discover how to lose excess fat from your belly, face & thighs in less than 7 days with this simple ancient practice. Watch the Detox Masterclass here. Playing for a limited time!