Cashew Hemp Basil Pesto
Some things in life are worth holding on to, and that includes a good pesto recipe. Our version of basil pesto doesn’t require any complicated ingredients, just wholefoods pantry staples and a whole lot of love.
- Serves: 4
- Yield: 1 ½ cups
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: none
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ¼ cup activated cashews
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 pinch unrefined sea salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor. If using a mortar and pestle, grind the basil, garlic, cashews, hemp seeds, salt, and pepper to form a paste.
- Add the oil and lemon juice at the end and mix. If you’d like a cheesier flavor, add nutritional yeast.
- Store in an airtight container or jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!